Tuesday, December 30, 2008

San Francisco

Michael and I had a grand ‘ol time visiting San Francisco with Jay, Michael’s brother, and Jay’s “special friend” Bethany. We started the day-cation by driving across the Golden Gate bridge. We took time to take some pictures featuring the bridge itself and the city on the bay.





After that stop, we searched for some cheap parking up close to Union Square. Since that does not exist, we parked in a parking garage a black away from all the awesome shopping. ($30--- ouch!) We then rode the trolley down to see the usual tourist spots: Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman’s Warf, and Pier 39. We snapped this shot of Jay and Bethany joking around while watching the seals.

Next we headed up to the shopping. We did a couple hours of shopping and believe it or not I didn’t buy a thing. What self-control! We ended our San Francisco trip by eating at the Cheesecake Factory. That was delicious just as the Cheesecake Factory always is.

Finally, on the way home we took a little detour to see the lights on the Oakland temple. It was beautiful. There were lights everywhere. As I was looking around and I thought to myself, “I wonder if they followed the ‘“only three strands to a line’?” Then after a little investigation, I discovered that they did! It’s amazing. They has hundreds and hundreds of strands of lights and they had some how only consecutively connected three at a time. Amazing. You can't see the lights very well in the picture, but believe me, there were lights everywhere!

All in all, it was a very enjoyable trip.

No comments: