Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Michael and I spent this Christmas with the Dresser family. On Christmas Eve, we went to Jena and Mike's house for food and games. We also took a tour on our town's street of lights. We finished the night with mint chocolate chip brownies. Yum.
On Christmas morning, Michael, Cooper and I packed up our presents and drove over to Mama Lana's house. After a nice breakfast (that seemed to last forever!), we opened presents. Michael and I had both picked out each of our presents on a shopping trip together. However, we did wrap each other's gifts. So, the surprise wasn't what we receieved, but what was actually in the package. My mom said this was very practical, but I think it's just smart. We both got exactly what we wanted for Christmas. My big Christmas gift was an ottoman (no, this was not wrapped). I love my ottoman! It's perfect for our living room and I love having the storage inside for blankets. This is a photo of a similar ottoman.
Later on in the day, more family came over to eat Christmas dinner. During the evening we played several games, but Mikey and I hosted the Right Family game. Everyone enjoyed the game, though there were some tears shed when a nephew discovered that he didn't win the hidden $5. Maybe next year, right? (get it?)

We had a Merry Christmas!
This is a photo of Cooper and Lila. Lila is Jon and Lana's new puppy. Cooper and Lila played constantly on Christmas day.
Even though Lila only packs 2 pounds, she never gave up her toy in a game of tug of war. Maybe her growling scared Cooper off alittle.

No comments: