Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Easy, Fancy New Trick

During the holiday season Mike and I have had a lot of friends and family over to eat. I wanted to make my usual cupcakes look a little more festive.

Waa-Laa...
It was really easy to make the snowflakes. First, I found pictures of snowflakes on the internet that were simple enough to trace. I formatted them to be the size I wanted and printed out a sheet. Then, I layed a peice of wax paper over my snowflake print out. In the microwave, I melted some white chocolate chips in a baggie. I snipped a little corner off the baggie and piped out the melted white chocolate. All I did was follow the design of the snowflake print out. After the white chocolate cooled, I gently lifted them off the wax paper. I placed the snowflakes on the cupcakes while the frosting was still wet, so that the snowflakes would stick. I also added some white sugar sprinkles for some sparkle (You can't see that in the photo).

It really is so easy and literally only took 15 minutes. Snazzy!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Well aren't you all fancy schmancy! But you are Megan the cook/baker! I wouldn't expect anything less. Now Kasen is just hoping to send him one in the mail!

Britni said...

Wow, I'm impressed. Even with your detailed instructions I'm pretty sure my snowflakes wouldn't look quite like this, or like snowflakes at all.

The Woodlands said...

These were ADORABLE and Delish (My hubby ate at least TWO!)
Thanks so much for having us over and for letting the blogging world in on your little secrets of beautiful cupcakes too :o)

Kathy Putkey said...

mmmm- you'll have to bring a sample of some sweet treats to our next meeting... it might make the tensions go away :-)