Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

Michael surprised me this past weekend by whisking me away to Lake Tahoe. On Saturday, Michael took me to a very nice resturant. We heard that it had a view, but it was so dark that we couldn't see the view. Maybe Michael will just have to take me back some other day.
The food was delicous! But even though it was a fancier resturant, Michael ordered his favorite cheeseburger and fries meal. He's so easy to please. We ended the meal with the famous Hula Pie. Micheal and I first ate Hula Pie together on our honeymoon in Hawaii. We were totally stuffed by the end of the night. The next morning we took a walk down to the lake shore. We found a spot of beach where dogs are allowed off leash. Cooper didn't interact with too many dogs (they're just too big for him), but he had a great time sniffing around and playing fetch.


We wandered our way up the road the dog park we usually visit in the summer. There weren't any other dogs around, but there was a lot of deep snow. Cooper had to practically leap in order walk around the snow.


That afternoon we set out to find a good sledding spot. The first place we stopped at was so crowded. Michael took a couple rides down, but it was a little scary. I was a nervous wreck. There were so many people that you had to dodge people and stop quickly. We saw a few people get taken out by sledders. After just a few minutes at this spot, we left to find a less crowded sledding spot.


We stopped along the highway that wraps around Lake Tahoe and found this more secluded spot. We had to work for a few minutes to get the sledding trail just right. Afterwards, it was a great ride. Everytime I went down the hill, Cooper would chase after me. You can see him trailing after me in this photo.





Cooper was quick to fall asleep on the way home. Two days later and I think he's still recovering from the day. He's asleep as I type this right now.
It was such a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Kami said...

Sounds like a fun weekend getaway. What a sweet little puppy you have. He's so cute! What kind of dog is he?

The Woodlands said...

Mmmmm, Hula Pie. Delicious. I miss Tahoe. And I miss you guys.