Monday, January 18, 2010

The New House

Michael and I became homeowners at the beginning of December. We got the keys to the house in mid-December and got right to work. After a few days of work, we were off to Olympia, Washington to visit my family for the Christmas break. Then with only four days left of our break, we returned to the house got right back to work. We've spent the last few weeks putting the last few touches on the house. Now we're finally ready to unveil it.

There are a few problems with the pictures below. First, I took them. That's probably the biggest problem. I tried my best to take pictures from the best angle, but I'm afraid they still didn't turn out that great. Many of them are much darker than the room was when I took the picture. Something's up with my camera settings. The second problem is that they are in backwards order. When I loaded the pictures up on blogger, they went in the wrong order. Hopefully, you can still get an idea of what our new abode is like. We love it!

The exterior (taken on a much sunnier day). Our backyard.



Michael's sports/office room. Decorated by Michael himself.





The guest room.



The upstairs hallway.
The hallway bathroom.





The family room (contains our DVDs, video games, and other such media things).





Master bathroom.





The master bedroom.


The other side of the upstairs hallway.


The stairway.

View of the living room from upstairs.

Frame grouping on the stairway landing.

Living room, dining room, and kitchen. (Sorry it's so dark!)
Garage.



Laundry room and fort (that's what we call the storage room under the stairs)

The dining room.

Thisis the view when you walk through the front door.
The living room.



Looking into the kitchen.

Eat-in area of kitchen.

Kitchen.

The white dishwasher will be replaced once the countertops are changed... the dishwasher is stuck. Even though we have the new dishwasher ready to go, we cannot have it installed since we can't get the old one out.
These pictures don't do the house justice. I think it's a pretty cute house, so I guess you'll just have to come and visit to see for yourself. :)

2 comments:

The Woodlands said...

You're house looks awesome! I wish I was rich like you :) We will come and see it soon.

Kate said...

The kitchen looks so great! Ahhh; room for more than one bum.